Tuesday, December 22, 2009

As 2009 draws to a close.......

Here are some highlights of stuff that has happened in these past two months so far....





This year has just been so much better than last year. Sometimes last year feels like a distant dream and yet it's something that will be in our minds for the rest of our lives. Sometimes I want to just wish it never happened but it did. Now I have to live with the reality that it could return. Norm also has to make some changes as well since his Christmas stay in the hospital last year. He will probably be on medication for that the rest of his life.



I think the kids are recovering from it. When I recently had to make a trip to my oncologist for a check-up Tyler said, "But mom, I thought you were done with the cancer." I told him that I will still need check-ups for a long time just to make sure everything is okay. Nicole actually wrote a composition for school about when her dad passed out from his episode last Christmas. Lexi hasn't really said anything but I know it has affected her as well.




We've been helping another lady from our church with Ovarian Cancer. She had a different type of Ovarian cancer than I had. She had the same Gyne-oncologist. While he told me mine probably won't return, he made the opposite promise to her. While sad for her , it brings comfort to me in a strange way.



This Christmas will feel so much more richly blessed as we are healthy and have each other. When you have that, who needs money? Don't get me wrong, money is nice but you can't take it with you.



May you enjoy the richness of the holidays and appreciate the reason for the season. We would be nothing without His Christmas gift!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Merry Christmas Denise. I hope you and your family have a happy and healthy 2010.
Jill:)

Kerry ABOUT ME said...

Denise,

I can really relate to so much of what you wrote in your post.
We are so truly blessed to be here for the privilege of another year. I hope 2010 is a year full of blessings for you!

Kerry Osborne

marykay said...

wow! i like your you tube video dear! Its nice! I want to make one like that but i have to one day figure it out. I hope you had a wonderful christmas and its good to hear you are doing well. Your picture with the white sweatshirt on the left is nice! Lexi is such a cutie pie patootee pie. I like the picture of them on the sled 3:10 I think is the slide number. take care and merry christmas!!!