Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm a working woman now!

She works hard for the money So hard for it, honey She works hard for the money So you better treat her right .............

I starting working yesterday as a cafeteria substitute. It is extremely busy!


Last Friday the football game was in the pouring rain......... I had on a raincoat and was using an umbrella. Got soaked from the knees down. Our football team lost....almost miserably.









Lexi's game on Sunday.







My grandfather turned 85 on Sunday and we had a surprise party for him. When he first came in and we yelled, he just turned to the wall and cried. In all the years I have known him, I have never seen him cry until these last few weeks. WIth all he has gone through lately
















My family and I with Grandpa and his friend, Marie. Nicole was not there due to previous plans.






My cousins...........and their kids.


















My middle sister, Deb, with her family



My youngest sister, Glenda, and her family








My aunts were laughing at my nephew, Dillon, who was trying to fit the entire piece of cake into his mouth.



Zoey is tired out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise, I so enjoyed looking at your family pics. They are so wonderful. Your grandpa looks so handsome and how sweet that he cried. I loved his big cake and I like his walker. I have never seen one like that, kinda fancy. You sure have a lot of sisters, I didnt know that. I bet your grandpa was overwhelmed with joy to see all of you. Many many blessings to him, health, healing and peace of mind. Wow, it really rained out there. I can imagine how cold it was for you and esp Nicole out there in her fancy outfit. I wish it rained here in Sept but at least today its in the 80s vs 90s or 100s. Its actually breezy and I woke up with a cold. I think my immune system is down from my hectic schedule. Lexi is so darn cute and I chuckled that she pushed during the game. ha ha! Anyway friend, thanks for sharing your pics. Congratulations on your new job! I am happy for you. Don't work too hard though. Life is short. Also...I liked your 80's song there...you work hard for the money..I chuckled because I knew the song!!!! hee hee...blessings to all of you...

Shelli said...

The party looked like fun, the football game...not so much. I don't have to fortitude to sit in the cold or the rain.