Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Will we actually get snow this time? THAT is the question!

Due to a ridiculous one inch of snow, our school had a two hour delay. Personally, I think they should have waited because they are expecting heavy snows this afternoon and, if they need to send them home early, it would count. Anyway, it did mean extra time to relax in bed.....until Lexi made her little discovery. "Mom! There's something wrong with my fish!"
"Oh, no!" I groaned. Followed her downstairs to find the fish floating peacefully on it's side. "I'm sorry, honey. Your fish died."
"It died?" I nodded my head. "But why?"
"Well, I guess your fish was sick."
"It was?......... Are you going to die, too?" That about broke my heart.
She wanted to know what I was going to do with it. I told her we'd flush it. She didn't like that idea and wanted to know what else we could do. I told her we could throw it in the trash or flush down the toilet because there was no way I was going to get a hole dug. She asked what we did with Tyler's fish and I told her about their watery gravy so she opted for the toilet. The fact that the carnival won fish lasted six months in a dirty, unfiltered fishbowl and was often forgotten to be fed for days at a time.....well, that in itself is a modern day miracle.... especially when before Norm had spent about $100 on a fancy aquarium and store bought fish that lasted maybe two weeks......I emailed her teacher in case she was down in school just to let her know.


Norm and I went walking today in church in the gym. I asked a lady when we got there how many times around makes a mile.
She answered "sixteen".
"16?!!!"
"Yeah, will that be a problem?" We made it 14 times around before I started to feel a little tired and opted to stop so I don't overdo and prevent my counts from rising.


Today was the day we were supposed to go to the hospital. I think we are over our disappointment and are concentrating on next week.
Tonight we are to get "several inches of snow." I will believe it when I see it. It's to change to ice overnight which should make for a mess tomorrow. I'm not wishing for the snow since I am not allowed to shovel and I would have to wait for Norm to have time to get to it and he will be tired doing it for his job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I want to go walking in the gym! 16 times isn't too bad if my hubby and I did that. but then again, we have to find the motivation. Of course for you, you MUST take it easy when you get pooped. Its good though that you are up and about! Awww, on what Lexi. Little kids. they find ways to ask what they are wondering. Also sorry about her fish. Poor fishy. Well stay warm dear...